To our valued and loyal customers,
Due to the unprecedented events of COVID-19 and the evolving complexities we are all facing together, we want to assure you Cornelius Seed is committed to the health of our employees, their families, our seed reps, customers and their families.
Our commitment to production and shipping seed remains the same. Appropriate precautions will be in effect for team members that remain on site or in shipping. These team members are committed to helping us get seed where it needs to be for the 2020 planting season.
While this is a fluid situation, we wanted to share a few of the actions we are taking:
- We have staff working remotely where possible.
- Our sales team has been encouraged to conduct business via phone or email when possible. They are ready for your call or email to support you as normal.
- Employees are to maintain the CDC recommended personal distance of six feet; everyone has been asked to avoid handshakes and physical contact. This includes all Cornelius Seed drivers during deliveries.
- Employees have been instructed to wash their hands often and with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- We are routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces in our facilities.
- Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4 degrees F or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines.
To help us best serve you, please work with your District Sales Managers or the Cornelius Seed office to plan ahead on seed shipments. We are also encouraging customers to call ahead for seed pick-up orders at our facility and to avoid unnecessary face to face contact with our staff.
We also ask that you take the time to educate yourself on the virus and protect you and your family accordingly. The following link regarding COVID-19 is very informative and we strongly encourage you take the time to view it: COVID-19 Update
We will continue to share updates with you. If you have questions, please feel free to call our office at 800.218.1862.
Be smart, be safe!